Our Mission & Vision
The overall goal of the Earth Action Trust is to transform people’s lives by empowering them through education, action and leadership to be good stewards of the environment with the aim or improving both their wellbeing and their ability to contribute to the creation of a sustainable, diverse and integrated community for the future.
It has an environmental focus but also aims to create jobs and foster a great community spirit through cross-cultural communication within the community across the Auckland region.
As a future social enterprise delivering services at a Community Recycling Centre (CRC) or community drop-off centre, it provides a multicultural space for learning the environment, acquiring skills for employment or self-employment, and meeting new friends thereby enhancing community spirit and connectedness.
- To operate a high employment social enterprise to improve the socio-economic conditions of the most deprived and marginalised.
- To recognise the cultural diversity of New Zealand and integrate it into all aspects of the Trust’s operation.
- To provide culturally appropriate education programmes on the practice of sustainability and protection of the environment.
- To affirm the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and give regard to Maori traditions and custom among the actions of this Trust.
- To conduct research into waste minimisation and/or elimination.
- To support and partner with agencies that aim to achieve zero waste for New Zealand.
- To engage in activities that advance the goals of this Trust.