Our Mission & Vision
What do we envision?
At Earth Action Trust, our aim is to transform lives by empowering people through education, action and leadership.
We want to support our community in being good stewards of the environment with the aim of improving both their wellbeing and their ability to contribute to the creation of a sustainable diverse future.
While the environment is our core focus, we also aim to create employability. We want to provide a multicultural space, for learning, for acquiring skills and for employment. Thereby, enhancing community spirit and connectedness.
What is our mission?
- Operate a high employment social enterprise that will improve the socio-economic conditions of the most deprived and marginalised
- Recognise the cultural diversity of New Zealand and integrate it into our operation
- Affirm the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Provide educative programmes on sustainability and environmental protection
- Conduct research into waste minimisation and/or elimination
- Support and partner with agencies that aim to achieve zero waste goals
- Engage in activities that advance our aims